Looking for true type fonts

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:21:20 -0700 (MST)

Am 29. Sep, 2000 schwäzte Rick Rosinski so:

> I have been looking for free true-type fonts, and I have found
> many web sites out there.  The one thing that they have in
> common is that they have them all listed *individually*, and not
> one of them (that I have found so far) have all fonts in one big

Do you mind making a listing of all of them and passing that along to the
list? I haven't found too many (haven't looked real hard either), but am
getting ready to restart my Xserver (it's been up almost 300 days) and
want to add true type fonts as well as take advantage of the hints from a
fellow RedHat engineer that Kevin pointed us at.

> file that I can just download and extract.  Plus, most of the ones
> I have found are *.zip files, and the unzip command doesn't seem
> to accept a command like "unzip /fonts/*".  it says - for each file -
> caution:  filename not matched: /fonts/whatever.zip, and nothing
> gets extracted.

for i in fonts/*zip
do
	unzip $i
done

That'll grab everything that fits fonts/*zip and loop through hitting
unzip with one filename at a time. Replace "fonts/*zip" with commands in
backticks, e.g. `find / -name "*.conf"`, and use other commands like "rm
-f $i" for hours of entertainment ;-). [1][2]

ciao,

der.hans

[1] No, don't run this. It'll ruin your day :).
[2] In the case of find it's easier to do the whole thing with find. 'find
/ -name "*.conf" -exec rm -f {} \;", but again don't run this :).

--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  When I work, I work hard. When I play, I play hard.