dist evals[1]

Eden Li li@wox.org
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:41:06 -0700

Hmm.. sounds a lot like FreeBSD's source and ports system (basically
you do a cvs/cvsup of the source tree then go into the root directory
of the source and do a make buildworld, after that go into single user
and do a make installworld, building the kernel is very similar; ports
is just a heirarchy of Makefiles that automatically fetch/configure/
install any given package for you, [i.e. cd /usr/ports/graphics/gimp1 ;
make install]).  It's something that I really like about FreeBSD and
OpenBSD, and if LFSMake should take off, it would really make me think
about running Linux on my home machine again.

Eden