user tracking

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:17:16 -0700 (MST)

Am 26. Sep, 2000 schwäzte Mark Peoples so:

> bother with AFS though...they're going to stop using that in a few years,
> moving to DFS (not MS DFS), so I've heard.

What DFS? Got a URL?

> **HANS: We need to get that tour scheduled. =)  **

I'm working on it :). Has Lee gotten anything for us? A couple of staff
members that were there last week are checking for us as well.

> I'll be starting on a nixen s/w comparison deal here in the next few days,
> hopefully. We essentially run a mirror of redhat, and have all the RPMs
> local on an NFS export to, well, the world. <g> The problem is that with
> god-only-knows how many linux boxes in the dept., we have a hard time making
> sure things are up to date on all of the boxes we administer. The goal is to
> tie it into bb (we love bb <g>) to get the list of machines to update, and
> so on.

Check out cfengine. JLF says a great and many wondrous things about it :).

> Central administration rocks.

Most definitely. Unless, of course, it's *my* workstation ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  Stell dir vor, es ist Krieg und keiner geht hin...