redhat tries apt-get

Kevin Buettner kev@primenet.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:43:47 -0700

On Sep 20,  8:13pm, Joel Dudley wrote:

> Looks like RH 7.0 is going to make a stab at the whole apt-get idea
> in 7.0, but you have to pay for it?  What is up with that??  One
> more reason for me to switch to Debian.

I think you're referring to Red Hat Network.

As I understand it, it is free for up to five machines.  If you have
more than five machines that you wish to keep up to date with this
service, then you have to pay for it.  Also, there are varying levels
of service and support, some which cost more than others.  For more
details, see

    http://www.redhat.com/products/support/network/

I really see nothing wrong with this.  If you want to switch to
Debian, then just do it.  (I.e, I'm tired of the Red Hat bashing
going on on this list.)

Kevin