sendmail and root.

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:20:09 -0700

Don Harrop wrote:

> I've actually got it all figured out.  You right about setting From: in
> the custom header field.  You also have to add a line
> "allow-changing-from=true" in your .pinerc file and recompile pine itself
> in order to have it accept that From: line..  I haven't done it yet myself
> but those are the steps in case anyone is interested.

I didnt have to recompile 3.95 to get the From to work, back when I
used PINE.

I have played with the setting that wraps long lines in pico
however... that "Long Lines Wrapped" thing makes it nearly impossible
to use pico as a system editor with the default setting, and is one of
the most brain-dead things ive seen implemented ever (it doesnt even
wrap at spaces, but simply chops at character X, which is defined at
compile time)

--
jkenner@mindspring.com    __
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|