Annoying .DOC files (was Re: Excelco Needs Accounting, Technical, Programming People)

plug@arcticmail.com plug@arcticmail.com
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:46:55 -0700

Waaay back when, a simple "strings" would work fine.
Of course, that was before the new M$ file formats
were "innovated."

Nowadays, you have to use things like "catdoc" and
"xls2csv":

http://www.fe.msk.ru/~vitus/catdoc/