Business Startup

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 08:41:46 -0700

Don't forget about the outtakes:

* a picture of the last foo, the one you ordered, getting speared by a
forklift.
* a picture of your foo getting an extra drop rating from the packer
* a picture of your foo getting an extra dent by the UPS driver
backing up a bit too far

:-)

\_ How about this:
\_
\_ A pretty warehouse setup with web cams all around pointed at the
\_ merchindise.  setup so when you order something you can actually
\_ see it almost realtime as you order it.  even with the posibility
\_ of seeing pictures of it be packed and shipped all online.
\_
\_ Log in to website see neat ads and specials.  search for foo.  page
\_ loads with a picture of 26 foos sitting on a shelf next to some bars and
\_ other things.  You order a foo.  An hour later you notice a foo is
\_ missing
\_ from the stack and the number is now 25.  you check your order status
\_ page and there is a web cam picture of someone packing up your foo.
\_ with the shipping lable zoomed in on with everything you need. a while
\_ later you login and see your foo being loaded on the UPS truck.  next
\_ day you get your foo from the UPS man.
\_
\_ Sounds like a neat idea to me how 'bout you?
\_
\_ Bill Warner
\_
\_ > Of course the biggest problem to this is procuring a large warehouse.  I
\_ > could have virtual setup with all the products in 2 weeks.  Also, online
\_ > would not be that bad considering some of the stuff in the loads are factory
\_ > certified items that have been check by the company and re sent out.
\_ >
\_ > John
\_ >
\_ > > From: "Joel Dudley" <joel@silverw.com>
\_ > > Reply-To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
\_ > > Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 18:53:50 -0700
\_ > > To: <plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us>
\_ > > Subject: Re: Business Startup
\_ > >
\_ > > Hmmmm, virtual is good because of less overhead.  But it would be nice if
\_ > > there were a big warehouse type place to go peruse if you wanted to handle
\_ > > the goods.  I am not a businessman by any means however.  Idea is still
\_ > > great.
\_ > >
\_ > > - Joel