Business Startup

Shawn T. Rutledge rutledge@cx47646-a.phnx1.az.home.com
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 21:49:25 -0700

On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 07:00:01PM -0700, John Albee wrote:
> Of course the biggest problem to this is procuring a large warehouse.  I
> could have virtual setup with all the products in 2 weeks.  Also, online
> would not be that bad considering some of the stuff in the loads are factory
> certified items that have been check by the company and re sent out.

Well you don't have to get too fancy... just get a warehouse and
hire one or two people to handle sales.  It might cost less than
all the time you'll spend putting stuff online.  I'd definitely
prefer to go and browse in person, because I'd be more likely to
find things I didn't even think I needed and come out with a
truckload (oh dear, just what I need, another truckload of junk).
Provided it's cheap enough, anyway.  If it's the slightest bit overpriced,
or is only on the web, then it gets relegated in my mind to being a place
where I search when I need to find something specific which I expect to
be hard to find or that I can't afford to buy new.  (And then, having
a web search capability would be nice, actually.)  Sortof like Apache
Surplus... I like the way they do business, and you can find really
weird stuff there, but it's all overpriced.  It's either gold plated
or ready for meltdown, with nothing in between.

Whatever doesn't sell, you can always put on ebay.  If you sell it for
one penny and get the buyer to pay s&h, at least you don't have to
throw it out.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)          http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org