Linux and AppleTalk

Shawn T. Rutledge rutledge@cx47646-a.phnx1.az.home.com
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 20:34:09 -0700

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 09:52:09AM -0700, Gordon Chamberlin wrote:
> Has anyone gotten afpfs working?  I tried compiling, the tar from http://www.thehamptons.com/anders/netatalk/, but it could get very far.

That isn't a package I completely understand, but I've had it working
on a couple of my Debian systems; just install the package
and your home directory ends up being an available share you can
mount.  But it was easiest on System 7; on OS9, I haven't yet
figured out how to get the "zone" stuff working, so on the Mac
side, have to explicitly enter the IP address of the server.  It
doesn't show up in the chooser, if memory serves, but once configured
at least it remounts it at every boot.  Whatever I did in my attempts
to get OS9 happier, I think got it into a state where it no longer works
on System 7 machines.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)          http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org