/dev/st0?

Gorman, John John.Gorman@pegs.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:04:37 -0700

I gave the wrong man pages last time, the man page with
this information is mtio (which RH 6.1 does not have).

It is pretty standard, here is the one from Solaris 2.5.1

     /dev/rmt/<unit number><density>[<BSD behavior>][<no rewind>]

          density     l, m,  h,  u/c  (low,  medium,
                      high, ultra/compressed,
                      respectively)

          BSD behavior (optional)  b

          no rewind (optional)     n

     For example, /dev/rmt/0hbn specifies unit 0,  high  density,
     BSD behavior and no rewind.

Hope that this answers the question on it.

John Gorman