Sprint Broad Band

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 00:22:15 -0700

You know, if you use advertizement blocking software (a good proxy
like junkbuster, and keep the blockfile up-to-date whenever you see an
ad)... 52,000 makes for a pretty decent surfing speed. In fact,
because I dont have the latency associated with waiting for ads to
load, my system often displays "popular" websites faster than people
with cablemodems, ESPECIALLY when the site is using an overloaded
adserver and/or has HTML coded such that the page wont display until
after the ads load.

Except for those of you with an addiction to downloading .iso files, I
would suggest learning to install and use ad-blocking software may
improve your real-time experience more than bandwidth.

Just for starters, add the following lines to /etc/hosts

127.0.0.1	ad.doubleclick.com
127.0.0.1	ad.doubleclick.net

:-)

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|