Disconnecting from the phone line

Mark Peoples gascsd@gascairlines.com
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 17:02:24 -0700

What version of Exchange Server does your company run? If they've got 5.5,
and aren't cool with Exchange's pop/imap, tell them to open up the web
interface that comes with it and you won't have to boot ms anymore. It's
actually one of the few ms products that work with NS on linux. =)

I recently bought 5.5 off of eBay because the tco of openmail was getting
too high.  =(

marco

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Larry
Schmid
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2000 4:48 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: Disconnecting from the phone line

Rod Roark wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, Larry Schmid wrote:

<....>

> > So Eudora and Netscape speak the Exchange protocol?  Hmm....
>
> Presumably Kevin thinks you can follow his suggestion to its logical
> conclusion.  :-)

I really with I could.  Even though my company is big into
Solaris/Oracle for the databases, they've really bought into the
groupware propaganda of Exchange and Outlook, so I'm leashed to that
crap at work.  If only I could convince the mail group to open a pop
port, I could do mail from my Sparc.  :^)

--
Provoke not your SA to anger, for he is a jealous SA, vengeful,
keeper of root, and quick to wrath.

Larry