Embedded Linux

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:16:02 -0700

Bret Lowry wrote:

> I'm interested in Embedded Linux also and am looking for more information on
> the subject other than information provided Corporate wierdos trying to market
> it . I'm looking for any kind of HowTos or tutorials on how to get started with
> it  as well as any information as to how to go about making a small "personal
> Distro" but Compressed for smaller storage media.
> Also .....Anybody familiar with Direct CD.........? I think it would be nice to
> have Linux run off CD and at the same time be able to save to the disk Just
> like Direct CD does for Wincrap. But this would actually be running Linux from
> the CD and saving to CD.Anyone feel like starting a revolution! Oh wait
> .......Linux is the revolution!
> warlock@ninjutsu.org

As near as I can tell, DirectCD is just a WORM (write once, read many)
filesystem for Win95/98.

I know WORM type systems were developed for *nix long before they
appeared for MS, the question is, what ever happened to that source
code? One nice thing about WORM is that is can eliminate completely
the need for incremental backups, as nothing is ever truly erased.

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|