Embedded Linux

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 02:48:44 -0700 (MST)

Am 25. Oct, 2000 schwäzte Darryl Tang so:

> Anyone doing anything with Embedded Linux?  Included with the November
> issue of Linux Journal is the first issue of Embedded Linux Journal

Ah, didn't realize it'll be a new mag.

> that talks about the explosion of Linux in the embedded devices area.
> I want to learn more about this and would appreciate hearing from
> persons in the area who have an interest in embedded Linux or are
> working in it presently.

Several companies in town are doing stuff.

MonteVista is working on Hard Hat Linux as well as many other projects.

RNi is using an embedded Linux system as routers for their wireless
service. They presented at PLUG last month.

Motorola does some stuff, but I don't know if they're serious about it.

I believe Intel is doing some stuff now that they bought the StrongARM
architecture.

Saw a post somewhere about a group here in Phoenix working on a Linux PDA.

Maybe we could make this a meeting topic for sometime next year.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
# Knowledge is useless unless it's shared. - der.hans