Sprint Broad Band

Joshua Eichorn Jeichorn@asu.edu
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:19:10 -0700

AZ_Pete wrote:

> Does anyone on the list have any experience with Sprint Broad Band Wireless
> high speed internet access for the home?  I called Sprint to get more info
> and it actually sounds good.  They guarantee at least 1.5Mb/s downstream,
> but it can go as high as 5Mb/s, upstream speed is 256Kps.  An antenna is
> required (mounted on the house), as well as a cable-type modem and a
> ethernet card.  They also give you a static IP.  The cost is $40/month for
> residential, $90/month for Business.  Business is the same speed, but you
> get 5 static IPs.  Since I don't have cable modem or DSL available this
> sounded like a good alternative, unless Hans would let me have a piece of
> that OC-3 ;)
>
> Does anyone on the list have this service and if so, are you happy with it?
>
> Any input would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Peter

I tried to get broadband direct but it seems that most of tempe doesn't
have a line of site to the antenna, south mt. (where there antenna is
located) gets in the way.  Instead i went with dsl, and i've had very
good luck.  You can pick your own isp, i use inficad, so i get a static
ip, though the speed is only 640k down 256k up, however I believe the
wireless isn't a garanteed speed and it can flucuate quite a bit.
-joshua eichorn