Linux Secure File Wipe was Re: Lost any file lately?

jlf@opnix.com jlf@opnix.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:04:32 GMT

On 10/26/00, 8:19:32 AM, sinck@ugive.com wrote regarding Re: Lost any
file lately?:

> \_ Did anyone bother to mention the "pgp -w" command at all?

What, you don't run both?
You must be on OpenSRS or not using Guardian at Network Solutions to
manage your domains.
Thats a no-no.

I have a hackup up version of pgp2.6.3 I have been running that can make
16384 bit keys.
Not practical but nice to know it's there.

> For those of use with only gpg on our boxen, what flag should we RTFM
> for there?

No such animal.
Try this - http://wipe.sourceforge.net/

> \_ It is a lot easer to use than trying some of the other
> \_ things I have seen suggested so far.
> I thought good security had to hurt.  :-)

Only the clusers[1] ;)

> \_ Remove it each night and bury it in your yard under the scorpion pit.
> \_ ( I don't do this because I have a pig )

> Pigs eat scorpions and can grok raw disks?  Wow!  Where do you find
> those pigs?

I raised him myself.
Who would ever suspect a pig of sniffing the bits right off a disk and
grunting in hexadecimal?
You must not be aware of the power of a pigs nose.

> BTW, I have some spare scorpions, free to good home.

No thanks, trying to cut down.

> David

[1] Clueless Lusers

--