Debian 2.2

Shawn T. Rutledge rutledge@cx47646-a.phnx1.az.home.com
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 14:31:52 -0700

On Sun, Oct 22, 2000 at 07:44:48AM -0700, Clayton Stapleton wrote:
> Debian 2.2 gives you a choice of activating the partitions you want to
> install the distro on. I choose /dev/hdb1 for / (root), /dev/hdb5 for /usr,
> /dev/hdb6 for /tmp and /dev/hdb7 for /home. And that is where things
> were installed. When it asked about lilo it gave two choices, the MBR
> and the /boot partition, I choose the /boot partition because Mandrake
> uses the MBR on /dev/hda1 and has a program for selecting alternate

Well then I guess you need to fix it from the Mandrake side.  Either
it will need to have hdb1 mounted somewhere, and have its lilo.conf point
to the kernel on that partition, or else it will be delegating to an
instance of lilo found somewhere else (MBR on hdb, or boot record on
hdb1 or something like that).

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)          http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org