OT: other issues (was: Re: Burstable T-1 from UUnet (NO SOLICITATIONS PLEASE))

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:40:08 -0700

Hawke wrote:
> Say robert,
> perhaps you can be of some assistance.
> I've been trying to gain employment over the last 2 years
> without much in the way of success.
>
> I've had to deal with Vocational Rehabilitation here in Az,
> but haven't gotten much support from them (in fact, they closed
> my case about 2 years back).
>
> It seems my visual impairement has made it a virtual impossibility
> to get a job down here without some help (which of late seems less
> than forthcoming).
>
> some help would be greatly appreciated.

the 1994 disabilities law (forget its name) allows for you to request
reasonable accomodation for your disabity. If you were to be
performing duties on a single machine, it would definitly be
reasonable to request a machine that is capable of displaying a lower
resolution and using hardware panning (XFree86 does this, I've seen a
few Win95/98/NT video card drivers that do it as well). On the other
hand, if your job were to be going from machine to machine thru an
entire company, maintaining them, it wouldnt be reasonable to request
that.

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|