DVD Players (Re: PLUG is live!)

Digital Wokan wokan@home.com
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 17:29:58 -0700

Hopefully they can do something to let me use the hardware decoder
then.  I've got the ReelMagic Hollywood+ which the company keeps
(irately) stating will _never_ have Linux support (as we all know, that
just means from them).  I've seen what software decoding looks like,
even on 600+ MHz systems and I'm not impressed, especially for
full-screen playback.  (That's a lot of work for a standard CPU when you
add decoding on top of everything else.)

I'm on my to linuxvideo.org in a sec.  Hopefully it plays well with this
Mandrake 7.2rc1 (somebody has to be a guinea pig).  :)