RedHat Network redux

Eric Johnson ej@netasm.com
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:58:01 -0700 (MST)

I just coded up the following to check for RH 6.2 updates; I've been
meaning to do this for a while.

I'm sure this idea can be extended to get the latest updates from your
favorite mirror, etc. All I really wanted here was notification regarding
new security issues with 6.2.

Yes Hans, I know Debian's apt-get is much more elegant than this :-)

Any comments or suggestion, fire away.

	--Eric
---
Eric Johnson (ej@netasm.com)                                net.assembly
http://netasm.com/                      12629 North Tatum Boulevard #191
602 996-9682                                      Phoenix, Arizona 85032

#!/bin/bash

export PATH=/bin:/usr/bin

LOCALDIR=/usr/local/src/redhat-6.x

SENDALL=0

ERRATAPAGE='rh62-errata-security.html'
ERRATAURL="http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/$ERRATAPAGE"

MAIL='/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject ej@netasm.com'

die () {
  echo "$*"
  exit 1
}

cd $LOCALDIR || die could not cd $LOCALDIR
rm -f $ERRATAPAGE
wget -q $ERRATAURL || die wget failed to get $ERRATAURL

if [ -f errata.txt ]; then
  mv errata.txt errata.txt-prev || die mv errata.txt failed
else
  # no previous version to diff; send *all* errata to admin
  SENDALL=1
fi

lynx -dump $ERRATAPAGE | grep RHSA | grep -v /localhost/ > errata.txt
if [ $SENDALL = 1 ]; then
  cat errata.txt | $MAIL
  exit 0
fi

diff -c errata.txt-prev errata.txt | grep ^+ > errata.diffs
[ -s errata.diffs ] && cat errata.diffs | $MAIL
exit 0