can't su as user

Bucky Goldstein buckyG@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 23:36:13 +0000

Jason wrote:

> Bucky Goldstein wrote:
[snip]
> > Does anybody know how I can get su to work?
>
> What su are you using???

Fascinating story really, thanks for your quick reply.

Apparently su is a part of binutils and this was a upgrade that I
installed.  The developers are now telling me that something is wrong
with su.  So I found my answer about that.

I just tried to set up a wheel account to see if it would work and it
didn't.  I'm sure it's because of this GNU philosophy and that's fine
with me.

Again thanks for your help.

Happy Holidays,

Bucky

--
Imagine a world without hypothetical situations.
GnomeICQ 53763745