xmms .. ughh..

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 19:36:52 -0700

Digital Wokan wrote:

> Only 30 songs?  I've already encoded my entire CD collection (minus the
> songs that sucked) to my drive.  (Beat shelling out the bucks for a 100
> CD changer.)

Heh, yeah the shell script I use to manage splay handles a collection
of 2026 MP3 files containing a total of 7857907595 bytes. Nearly all
of them, like the ones you have, are legit - ones I encoded myself.
Most of the pirate MP3s are of rather miserable quality. I use l3enc
with the -h option, at a minimum of 128kbit, but some songs require
more. Tori Amos's "bliss" is a good example - the effects she used on
the vocals dont encode that well, the distortion is clear at anything
less than 256kbit with headphones, but 192 was acceptable in speakers.

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|