xmms .. ughh..

Shawn T. Rutledge rutledge@cx47646-a.phnx1.az.home.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 18:41:53 -0700

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 05:33:02PM -0700, Digital Wokan wrote:
> Only 30 songs?  I've already encoded my entire CD collection (minus the
> songs that sucked) to my drive.  (Beat shelling out the bucks for a 100
> CD changer.)

I did the latter... got a 100 disc CD-ROM changer on ebay a couple years ago.
But I haven't gotten around to writing the software to control it yet.  I found
documentation, it's easy enough to control, but I want to build some sort
of filesystem abstraction with a directory per disc, and when you try to read
a file in the directory, it loads the right disc... and also does hard-drive
caching of files, so that several MP3's can be read at the same time.  The
commercial product which does this is an NFS server; so I figured I could
do the same thing... find some NFS daemon which is simple enough that
I can understand the code (hopefully), and hack it to do what I need.

But 650 megs * 100 is 65 gigs... so already I could replace it with a single
hard drive.  But the changer looks much cooler.  :-)

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)          http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org