xmms .. ughh..

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:19:36 -0700

Kevin Buettner wrote:
> It sounds to me like you ought to look into the reasons for your
> configuration problems.  You should not need to add full pathnames
> for the compiler to find your header files.  The configuration script
> should be generating a CFLAGS (or the like) with the correct -I
> switches for the compiler to find your header files.

Wasnt my batch of standard header file it couldnt find, but its own
header file, contained within its directory inside /usr/local/src ..
sorry if that was confusing.

The reasons for most of my configuration problems can be summed up in
two words:

REDHAT

Those bastards changed EVERYTHING when they came on the scene, and
being the first "big guy", they trompled all over linux ... my box is
a heavily updated slackware 3.0 one .. so much so that its more hand
install than not. More and more crap wont work without some bloated,
colorful desktop scheme (or many..) and/or support for every feature
under the sun. Its depressing... (again, why should xmms even CARE
about http?? its sole lot in life should be playing music files, but
apparently, someone got a bug up their ass that it ought to be the
next "RealPlayer" or something... even if I had NONE of the install
problems, what people are forgetting is that RealPlayer SUCKS for a
reason - it tries to do too much!)

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|