max ext2 partition

Blake Barnett Blake.Barnett@DevelopOnline.com
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 08:17:27 -0700

Is reiserfs ready for production use yet?  I have a need for
something like that on linux right NOW.  And I'd love to keep as much
of my current project on linux as possible.  If reiserfs isn't ready,
is TuxFS? Ext3FS?  Anything else for linux?

Blake Barnett
Sr. Unix Administrator for DevelopOnline.com
blake.barnett@developonline.com

- -----Original Message-----
From: J.L.Francois [mailto:frenchie@magusnet.gilbert.az.us]
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 7:23 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: max ext2 partition

At home I have a 44 GB disk mounted and made with ext2
and at work I have a 1.05 TB disk array that at one time was mounted
with
no problems after doing a mke2fs -m0 to it.
I have done this with ext2, reiserfs, and BSD ffs, and all of them
worked fine for > 1TB sizes.

LVM or the raidtools will let you combine drives in linux.

The limit isn't normally size, but how many drives you can have
in an array/pool set.

YMMV.

It seems like on Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 10:02:33PM -0700, Don Harrop
scribbled:
Orig Msg> I've been doing some Linux on some bigger HD's lately.
Seems like the
Orig Msg> largest partition ext2 can support is 8gigs.  Am I stuck
with this or is
Orig Msg> there a trick to creating a larger partition that I don't
know about?  Is
Orig Msg> there a way to connect two drives together as one logical
partition?  I
Orig Msg> wan't to create the biggest partition I can in Linux with
the utilities
Orig Msg> that come with the a standard Linux distro.
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Don

Jean Francois - JLF Sends...
President & CEO - MagusNet, Inc., MagusNet.com,
MagusNet.Gilbert.AZ.US
Director Of Managed Services - OpNIX,Inc., www.opnix.com
OpNIX - Simply Better Bandwidth
602-770-JLF1 - Cellular, ICQ:  8137851
My Certifications:
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=1214021
Doing my part to educate the Clubie Illiterati.  One LART at a time!