firewalls: was Re: test

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 11:34:48 -0800

you quickly learn that lesson the first time you download something from
freshmeat, too :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Hawke [mailto:proudhawk19021@home.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 12:34 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: firewalls: was Re: test

Well guys..
the firewall I got from:
http://linux-firewall-tools.com/linux/firewall/index.html
had some problems.... it seems I could recieve e-mail,
but not send. I am currently debugging the script, but in
the meantime, I strongly recommend that a thurough debug
of any scripts you get from that site should be in order.

I am currently running ip[chains with no rules (except those
placed in the ruleset by abacus sentry.

in the meantime, just a friendly note to let y'all know
that the scripts obtained from third parties may not be
perfect and that modification may be required (never implicitly
trust 3rd party vendors with default products, always peak and tweak
to meet your needs).

Hawke

--
Make a few extra $$$.
Join http://www.processtree.com/?sponsor=29027

The rest of this signature is currently out of service.