Possible job fix (was: So sorry if I offended anyone)

George Gambill ggambill@computer-guidance.com
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 12:46:48 -0700

Why only Phoenix?  Some PLUGers may want (or be willing) to move to Maryland
(my self not included).  Why would PLUG make that decision for them?  I can
understand it if the communication is through PLUG postings.  But if options
"A" or "B" become reality, I would like to see the out of state offerings.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Walsh [mailto:awalsh@itconnections.com]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 8:24 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: RE: Possible job fix (was: So sorry if I offended anyone)

<<<...Snip...>>>

<Digital Wokan,
<Thanks for your ideas, I will look into a PLUG maintainer.
<The second idea is good as well, but I think I will try to do the first
<idea.
<As far as location, 99% are jobs in the PHX metro area.  If I have openings
<for other states, I post them in that state.
<
<Thanks,
<
<Anthony
<
<<Digital Wokan Wrote:
<<
<<Two ideas...
<<A. Get with the PLUG web maintainer about a link to a site where you put
<<up only Linux/Unix/BSD jobs.  And maybe let everyone know in a quick
<<e-mail that the page has been updated.  It keeps the messages small and
<<easily downloaded.  You can even decide on a standard subject line for
<<others to filter out.
<<
<<B. If A isn't do-able:  Same page(s), but put the job title and a link
<<to that jobs page in the e-mail.  Maybe a single page for a given day's
<<openings so you only have to post a single link.  Keep the standard
<<subject line idea for filtering purposes.

<<Most importantly, if it's being announced via PLUG, they should be
<<Phoenix area jobs.  (Some guy tried recruiting me to go work in
<<Maryland.  Thankfully not via PLUG.)