Samba Problems

David Demland ddemland@cadtel.com
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:43:11 -0700

I changed the passwords to match but I still get the same error message when
I run the smbclient. The funny thing is that if I used Windoblose Exploiter
and type in the IP address, the computer shows up in it's workgroup, but the
IP is listed as the computer name. hat could be causing this?

Thank You,

David Demland
Qa/Testing Manager
CADTEL Systems, Inc.
11201 N. Tatum Ste. 200
Phoenix, AZ 85028
(602) 953-4888
Fax: (602) 953-4833
ddemland@cadtel.com

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Roger
Prutsman
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 8:34 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: Samba Problems

I had this problem once when I was only trying to
share my home directories, using encryption set to
yes. I had to create user accounts on the unix side
using the smbpasswd utility. The syntax is smbpasswd
-a <user id>. Set the password with smbpasswd <user
id> to whatever is on the windows side, and you should
be able to see the shares. Hope this helps...

--- David Demland <ddemland@cadtel.com> wrote:
> I am having problems with the Samba install I have
> on a Storm box. I could
> not understand why the Windblose boxes could not see
> the shares. Then I ran
> the smbclient on the Storm box. I used users I know
> exist on the box and I
> came up with the same error message:
>
> Tree Connect failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password
> - name/password pair in
> a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)
>
> What is causing this and how do I fix it. I can
> still get onto swat as the
> root but I can not get the share to be seen by the
> rest of the network.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank You,
>
> David Demland