Samba Problems

Roger Prutsman rprutsman@yahoo.com
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 07:33:59 -0800 (PST)

I had this problem once when I was only trying to
share my home directories, using encryption set to
yes. I had to create user accounts on the unix side
using the smbpasswd utility. The syntax is smbpasswd
-a <user id>. Set the password with smbpasswd <user
id> to whatever is on the windows side, and you should
be able to see the shares. Hope this helps...