What Distro to use

Kevin Buettner kev@primenet.com
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 15:46:20 -0700

On Nov 3,  4:28am, Bill Warner wrote:

> Working for a company where we have a unix support staff of 10 people.  8
> of witch are Debian users/admins and none of witch are Redhat fans or really
> much for users.  Now because of this missconception that you can just call
> Redhat and they will give you a magic answer I have to re-learn Redhat
> and curse it at every bump that could have been avoided and was when we
> first brought everything up on Debian.

Bill,

It sounds to me like you're just upset about having had something
rammed down your throats by your management.

Could you give us a concrete example of something that was difficult
in Red Hat, but easy with Debian?

I am quite frankly amazed that you feel as strongly as you do about
which distribution you're using.  AFAICT, the only things that
significantly distinguish the distributions are ease of installation
(or lack thereof) and package management.  FWIW, the package
management issue is why I switched to Red Hat (from Slackware) many
years ago.

Kevin

P.S. You should look at the bright side; you're still using Linux,
you have the source code to everything, and it's not that hard to
fix the things that you don't like.