What Distro to use

David Demland ddemland@cadtel.com
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 15:57:07 -0700

We have two Novell servers here in the office. They are mirrored. They are
both giving some problems. One is completely down. I have been working to
get everyone to go with Linux servers. Now I have the go ahead to prototype
the server setup. I would like to know what is the best distro to use. I do
not want to go with Red Hat unless I am forced to.

The current prototype will be to setup a single server for now. This server
will have to be converted over to use a mirror system after the prototype is
done and we get the go ahead to replace the other server. This means that I
will need to keep in mind that I will have to mirror the servers. The
servers will have to interface with the Windblows boxes in the office which
I want to do using Samba. I need a backup system that I would like to run on
Linux box instead of running across the network.

Any ideas?

Thank You,

David Demland
Qa/Testing Manager