isp's

Hawke proudhawk@extremezone.com
Tue, 30 May 2000 17:52:52 -0700

Well,
if you are considering jumping ship,
go over to extremezone.com.
They are a smaller outfit, but have plenty of linux folks on staff
(even though their official line is that they don't support, they
will
talk to you about linux issues <which is a lot better than primenet,
inficad or usworst).

if you do sign up, please reference my username:
geronimo@extremezone.com
<I could certainly use the break>.

Hawke

  Message: 2
  From: holtzm@primenet.com
  Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 15:41:44 -0700
  To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
  Subject: Re: isp's
  <20000528212857.4521.qmail@web219.mail.yahoo.com>

                        ----snip----

  >Finally, in an attempt to get rid of me, he told me that my
operating
  >system was not supported!  That got me really pissed.  I've been a
  >Primenet customer for many years and I *do not* call their tech
  >support people when there are configuration problems on my end.

  Sounds a lot like what I've seen of them lately. Ever since the
leapfrog
  takeovers starting with Frontier and winding up (so far) with
Global
  Center, their service has deteriorated to the point where I'm
considering
  jumping ship. Lots of trouble getting dial-in authentication,
trouble
  logging into the mail server, tech support blowing me off with the
OS
  excuse, etc.

  >I can only hope that the day will come when I
  >will be able to recommend them again.

  I doubt it. The level of service you and I have come to expect from
them
  isn't cost effective (hawk-spit) for a large corporation. Unless
they're
  bought out by a smaller local outfit we'll have to bail out.
  Bob Holtzman
  check the price of the beer!"