tape drives half off

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Tue, 30 May 2000 14:33:14 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

http://www.ecrix.com/eval/

I've mentioned the VXA tape drives on the list before. I finally got one
and was planning on testing it before posting about this program, but I'm
having problems with my backup box and I ain't gonna get the tests done
today...

Anyway, I've gotten good recommendations about ecrix. Their founders
started Exabyte 15 years ago, and started ecrix a few years ago. In my
experience exabyte 8mm tapes rock. Very few probs. It's just that they
were EOLed 5 or 6 years ago :).

The tests they do are pretty awesome and their capability almost matches
DLT 7000/8000 for less than 1/5 the price of the drive and tapes of about
the same price.

The eval runs out tomorrow, which is why I'm posting without having
personally tested the stuff. I don't see anything about expiration of the
offer on the web page, but the original email said it was good until the
end of May, e.g. tomorrow.

Test the drive 30 days for free, e.g. return it in 30 days and you don't
get charged, then if you do keep it all of them are more than half off...

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.OpNIX.com
#  Like the maid, I don't do (M$)Windows. - der.hans