bus mastering question

sinck@corp.quepasa.com sinck@corp.quepasa.com
Fri, 26 May 2000 09:46:48 -0700 (MST)

How does one tell if the pci slots on the MB are 'bus master'able or
not?  I'm looking at http://www.hauppauge.com/html/wc_data.htm#hspecs
which says it needs one, but have no clue as to how to tell the
mastering slots from the non mastering slots.  I looked in /proc/pci,
but wasn't sure if it was reporting the the slot info or card info as
"Master Capable".

I'm just curious 'cuz Fry's has a wintv-go (model 190) avail for $39,
and I was thinking that for the mere cost of my aging chassis + $39, I
could have another tv occasionally.  :-)  The video 4 linux drivers
even say it's cpu light, which is another plus given a p120.

FWIW, pricewatch says that that is actually a reasonable deal, but
that it is the base model, according to hauppauge.

David