Linux Programmer

sinck@corp.quepasa.com sinck@corp.quepasa.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 13:15:11 -0700 (MST)

\_ Ok "Holy War Armor"...  Have you ever tried to create a data structure, or
\_ class in Basic (not the visual one)?  If you can not create nice structures
\_ you are left with using globals (yuck).

ew...VB...you touched me with VB.  Eewwww...make my holy armor all
tarnished.   I can't say as that I have done more than mock VB as VB.
VBScript (a similar, headles beast, with all the gooey ripped out) I
have experience with.  I alternate between mocking VBscript and
wishing it didn't have the dumb requirement of continuing _
programming statements with _
when they wrap lines.

\_ In many languages you have to improvise functionality with techniques
\_ therefore you are left coding instead of designing.
\_ I *hate* working around language limitations.

Me too; as mentioned before, I think missing an 'eval' keyword as a
language limitiation, suitable for instant shift to a *real*
language.  :-)

David