[azipa] EBIZ to merge with LinuxMall (fwd)

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 17:21:38 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

this is the merger Jean meantioned. I shoulda dropped it in earlier this
morning. Sleeping on the job... :)

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.OpNIX.com
#  Help Jerry Lewis stamp out M$...oops that's MDA - der.hans

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:41:11 -0700
From: francine hardaway <hardaway@home.com>
To: azipa@listbot.com
Subject: [azipa] EBIZ to merge with LinuxMall

AZIPA Discussion List - http://www.azipa.org

BW0017  MAY 24,2000       2:51 PACIFIC      05:51 EASTERN

( BW)(AZ-EBIZ)(EBIZ) EBIZ Enterprises to Merge with LinuxMall.com;
Move Positions Companies as Largest Linux Destination, Adds Financial
Resources, Strengthens Management Team

    Business Editors/High-Tech Writers

	   SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 24, 2000--EBIZ Enterprises
Inc. (OTCBB:EBIZ), Wednesday announced it has executed a letter of
intent to merge with LinuxMall.com Inc.
	   The merger of TheLinuxStore.com, a division of EBIZ Enterprises,
and LinuxMall.com will position the combined entity as the largest
"vendor-neutral" Internet Linux shopping mall and destination site in
the world.
	   The combination of companies offers the most comprehensive
selection of Linux products and solutions, information and services.
The companies' combined sales for the prior fiscal year should exceed
$25 million per year and its employee base doubles to 112.
	   Under the terms of the agreement, EBIZ will acquire LinuxMall.com,
the No. 1 e-commerce site for the Linux community, in a stock for
stock agreement. LinuxMall.com was recently listed No. 1 shopping
destination in Linux Magazine's "Top 100 Linux Sites."
	   The rise of the Linux operating system has been one of the top
technology stories of the year as companies are adopting this system
to run their e-commerce and Web servers.
	   The merger combines the management teams of both companies: Mark
Bolzern is named chairman, Dave Shaw is named as chief executive
officer, Jeffrey Rassas is named as president, Ray Goshorn is named as
chief financial officer, Frank Kasper is named as chief operations
officer, and Stephen Herman is named as CMO.
	   The combined companies' name will become LinuxMall.com. Upon
successful completion of the proposed acquisition and meeting NASD
requirements, the new company will immediately file for Nasdaq
listing.
	   Chase H & Q has been engaged to act as a placement agent and
financial advisor for the company. Both Chase H&Q and Santa Cruz
Operation Inc. (Nasdaq NM: SCOC) have made investments in
LinuxMall.com and will have board seats with the new company when the
acquisition is completed.
	   Said Rassas, EBIZ chief executive officer and founder, "With the
merger of our organizations, we are in a perfect position to emerge as
a premier Linux company bringing Linux and the vision of the Linux
community to the world. We have the management infrastructure and
financial resources to successfully execute our business plan."
	   Said Shaw, chief executive officer of LinuxMall.com, "Before the
merger, our Company was in the process of filing an IPO. When the
opportunity of aligning the two largest Linux companies was presented
by Chase H & Q, the strategic value greatly outweighed the IPO route.
It also allows us to reach our market more quickly than if we had
remained a standalone company."
	   Located in Aurora, Colo., LinuxMall.com is the No. 1 Linux
e-commerce site and Internet gathering place for the Linux community.
LinuxMall.com, one of the busiest sites on the World Wide Web, has
been serving the Linux community since 1993 with news, information and
the best selection of Linux-related products and services.
	   LinuxMall.com is a leader in the Linux community and actively
supports the growth and development of the Linux operating system.
	   EBIZ Enterprises Inc. is a leading "vendor-neutral" source for
Linux products, technical support and community services for the B2B
market. Linux is noted for its extremely low maintenance cost and
stability. The Linux platform is known as a "non-crashing" operating
system.
	   The company's Web destinations include: www.TheLinuxStore.com, a
destination providing a complete line of Linux-based product
solutions; www.LinuxLab.com, an interactive exchange providing
technical support and a product compatibility database and
www.LinuxWired.net, a Linux-based affinity and community services
portal and ISP.
	   The new company will have offices in Minneapolis, Denver, Phoenix,
Kansas City, Kan., and an international distribution center in
Amsterdam.

	   This press release contains statements that are forward-looking as
that term is defined by the United States Private Securities
Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on current
expectations that are subject to risks and uncertainties.
	   Actual results will differ due to factors such as shifts in
customer demand, product shipment schedules, product mix, competitive
products and pricing, technological shifts and other variables.
-0-
*T
NOTE TO MEDIA:

Media Advisory