New-newbie

Mark Peoples hondaman@mainex1.asu.edu
Wed, 24 May 2000 16:08:53 -0700

Have you tried the modem tools, eg, modemtool ?  You'll need to do this as
root.

As for drivers, drivers for Windows won't work with Linux.

-----Original Message-----
From: Howard Chard [mailto:hchard@uswest.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2000 3:24 PM
To: PLUG
Subject: New-newbie

I have as much time with Linux as it took to load a boxed version of
Redhat 6.2 with KDE workstation.
The computer I loaded it on is aPentium III, with 10GIG HD and
everything on the motherboard.  Sound card Modem, graphics card all on
motherboard.  The system was boxed without documentation but did
include  a CD of Linux by technology Ltd called SOHO Server V2.1 and
another disk called personal computer that says it has drivers on it.  I
am unable to access the modem with redhat.  I was able to when this
other Linux was loaded.  I wish to know how to load the drivers for this
modem from one of these disks.  I do not know what the drivers would be
called no which directory on redhat they should be loaded.  I also do
not know how to initiate the drivres after they are loaded.  Can anyone
help me?  Also is there a d9ifference betwnne drivers used on Linux as
opposed to those used on MS.

Howard