eth0 / kernel errors

Mike Cantrell yomahz@devnull.org
Mon, 22 May 2000 20:15:40 -0700

I'm getting some strange errors in my messages log on one of my servers. It
will be fine all day if you're uploading files (ftp, samba, etc.) but as
soon as you try to pull a large file, it locks up and the following errors
appear in the messages log:

"May 22 20:05:53 dahmer kernel: eth0: Transmit timed out: status 0050  0070
at 7608/7620 command 000
c0000.
May 22 20:05:53 dahmer kernel: eth0: Trying to restart the transmitter..."

I was thinking hardware or cabling but it's fine if I'm in windows...
Possible kernel/driver problem maybe, I don't know.. has anyone else seen
these types of errors?

System Info:

mandrake 7.0
2.2.14-15 kernel