a strange note...

sinck@corp.quepasa.com sinck@corp.quepasa.com
Thu, 18 May 2000 15:54:19 -0700 (MST)

\_ Where did it say that?
\_
\_ I just ftp'd there, and it didn't say anything about the OS.

  | prompt% ftp ftp.microsoft.com
  | Connected to ftp.microsoft.com.
  | 220 CPMSFTFTPA04 Microsoft FTP Service (Version 5.0).
  | Name (ftp.microsoft.com:sinck): anonymous
  | 331 Anonymous access allowed, send identity (e-mail name) as password.
  | Password:
  | 230-This is FTP.MICROSOFT.COM. Please see the dirmap.txt file for more information.
  | 230 Anonymous user logged in.
--> Remote system type is Windows2000.
  | ftp> quit
  | 221 Thank you for using Microsoft Products!

This is more inline with what I was thinking....  I can't say it's
suprising that an FTP server @ M$ is running (or claims to be running)
w2k.

Open source...alter the greeting string on <insert fav ftpd server here>
compile, install on ftp.microsoft.com...

David