CVS update question

Emmanuel Gravel e_gravel@yahoo.com
Mon, 15 May 2000 11:06:49 -0700 (PDT)

I'm testing cross-compatibility between two versions
of CVS (1.10 on Linux and 1.3 on a very old system,
can't update it so we're stuck). The question I have
is with regards to the newer version though.

On the 1.3, a cvs update would yield ' * ' prepending
$Log entries (space, *, space). In the newer version
there is nothing. I was told it may be some RCS config
to be modified but I haven't been able to find
anything
about this in the docs, and haven't found anything in
the config of 1.3 (no .cvsrc or other local config
files) or env on that system that would indicate any
parameters modified for this behaviour. I'm trying to
emulate it under Linux with 1.10. Anyone know what I
should be looking for?

Thanks!

Emmanuel