LaTex question

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Thu, 11 May 2000 13:55:33 -0700

doh!

-----Original Message-----
From: Austin Godber [mailto:godber@asu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2000 1:13 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: LaTex question

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 12:55:01PM -0700, Lucas Vogel wrote:
> I have converted a .doc file to an RTF, and then to a .latex file. What
can
> I use as a viewer to see the files properly formatted with?

Are you asking how to view the LaTeX file?  You need to run the latex
compiler:

latex filename.latex

This will give you some files with .aux .dvi and maybe something else.
Then the DVI file is the one you can look at or convert to Postscript.
Use xdvi to view it in X:

xdvi filename.dvi

Or use dvips to print or save as a postscript file:

dvips filename.dvi

will send directly to lpr

dvips -o somename.ps filename.dvi

will write output to postscript called somename.ps

--
Austin Godber
godber@asu.edu