What shell we do with the Microsoft.....

Trent Shipley tshipley@symbio-tech.com
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 13:44:50 -0700

We maybe don't realize it, but when they took
> up explorer,
> and integrated it into the OS, it made netscape get on the stick
> and improve
> their product and crashed some others.  I haven't heard anything
> from mosaic
> lately.

Mosaic was never a product _per se_ it was developed in an academic
environment, and released under a version of the Berkeley license.  I
visited the site a long time ago.  It said the project had done all it had
set out to do, so it had been wound down.  The source code was still there
though ... for example if you wanted to start work on a Mozilla alternative.