VDSL April 5th!

Joel Hanger jhanger@uswest.net
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 21:27:26 -0700

Hello, it's me again!
    I figured this deserved another message instead of including it in
my rsh reply,
as a seperate message will probably get viewed more than a reply ;).
We are getting
vdsl April 5th.  I'm very excited, they already have it installed in
quite a few houses
in our neighborhood.  There's only one downside I've seen to us getting
dsl.  Right
now we have static ip's and use isdn and have a registered domain...
azkachinadivers.org
However, xDSL uses dynamic ips. I don't know of any way around this
problem, except if
I worked @ uswest as a sysadmin I could push the ip into the dns servers
everytime the ip
changes. However, I don't have that luxury :P   Has anyone had a similar
situation or does
anyone know of a solution?  Is it possible to keep the ips and have 1
box on the network use
the ip I use for my web server?  Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Joel Hanger