DSL BS

Mark Peoples hondaman@mainex1.asu.edu
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:45:59 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF9073.53FA5CFE

I want to know if anyone else has gone through the same stuff I have with
USWest...

I'm at my old apartment, which isn't DSL-capable...my lease ended, so I
moved closer to the CO (which I've seen about 40 million times on 13th and
Mill).

Move to my new apartment...get phone service (old phone number was
transferred). Order DSL, it was put in 3 weeks late...and then, when it
finally was put in, they gave my ISP (Inficad) the wrong VCI...so that was
another week of trading calls between Inficad and USWest.

It finally works like a charm...a few weeks later, my router flips, so I
call up USWest, and I need to get it repaired...so off it goes...meanwhile,
a few days later, my line dies...just dies. No reason behind it (if some
hardware on their end went bad, that would have been reasonable).

So here I am, podunking around without internet at home...whenever I want to
do something, I mosey over to work at ASU.

Anyways, back to my line dying. I have to close my old account and open a
new one. So I do...which was about 3 weeks ago. I place the DSL order at the
same time I'm opening my new account, but now, I have a new phone number. No
biggie...I should be on the same circuit...the pair wasn't changed...should
be fine, right? Wrong. No DSL until they 'work-around' the problem...so I
won't know if I even *may* have DSL until April 3rd.

They at least sent me a compensation check...for $80.

Anyways, ISDN is out of the question...and this college student doesn't
forsee buying a CSU/DSU for a few more years.

My last options are 11Mbps wireless from RNi (the thought of which my
apartment complex doesn't like) or...not sure...anyone have any other
suggestions?

Thanks,
 Mark Peoples - gascsd@gascairlines.com

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF9073.53FA5CFE

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DISO-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>DSL BS</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">I want to know if anyone else has =
gone through the same stuff I have with USWest...</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">I'm at my old apartment, which isn't =
DSL-capable...my lease ended, so I moved closer to the CO (which I've =
seen about 40 million times on 13th and Mill).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">Move to my new apartment...get phone =
service (old phone number was transferred). Order DSL, it was put in 3 =
weeks late...and then, when it finally was put in, they gave my ISP =
(Inficad) the wrong VCI...so that was another week of trading calls =
between Inficad and USWest.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">It finally works like a charm...a few =
weeks later, my router flips, so I call up USWest, and I need to get it =
repaired...so off it goes...meanwhile, a few days later, my line =
dies...just dies. No reason behind it (if some hardware on their end =
went bad, that would have been reasonable).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">So here I am, podunking around =
without internet at home...whenever I want to do something, I mosey =
over to work at ASU.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">Anyways, back to my line dying. I =
have to close my old account and open a new one. So I do...which was =
about 3 weeks ago. I place the DSL order at the same time I'm opening =
my new account, but now, I have a new phone number. No biggie...I =
should be on the same circuit...the pair wasn't changed...should be =
fine, right? Wrong. No DSL until they 'work-around' the problem...so I =
won't know if I even *may* have DSL until April 3rd.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">They at least sent me a compensation =
check...for $80.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">Anyways, ISDN is out of the =
question...and this college student doesn't forsee buying a CSU/DSU for =
a few more years.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">My last options are 11Mbps wireless =
from RNi (the thought of which my apartment complex doesn't like) =
or...not sure...anyone have any other suggestions?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">Thanks,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">&nbsp;Mark Peoples - =
gascsd@gascairlines.com</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>