which modem should I get (fwd)

Kevin O'Connor kevin_oconnor.geo@yahoo.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 19:00:30 -0700

I use a Diamond Supra Express 56k (external) most of the time and it has
worked well for me. I also have a USR 56k (external) that I keep as a
back up but the USRs are more expensive and I don't think they are worth
it in the price range that we are dealing with.

I used to use a Global Village teleport 56k internal but I use and
recommend external modems for LINUX. ( And for anything else for that
matter...)

Kevin O

"Shawn T. Rutledge" wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 04:28:46PM -0700, der.hans wrote:
> > My question is simple to more experience users. I just need to know what
> > would be a good, easy to set up modem. Internal or External, brand and model
> > would be really helpful. I am brand new to linux.
>
> For data, a USR/3Com.  Preferably with jumpers rather than plug-n-pray
> if possible.  For fax/voice, a Hayes Accura.  It supports class 2.0 fax
> and can tell the difference between a voice call and a fax call.  But
> they are out of business so you have to buy used.  :-(
>
> --
>   _______                                     http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud
>  (_  | |_)  ecloud@bigfoot.com   finger rutledge@cx47646-a.phnx1.az.home.com
>  __) | | \__________________________________________________________________
>  Get money for spare CPU cycles at http://www.ProcessTree.com/?sponsor=5903

Kevin O'Connor

"Waving away a cloud of smoke, I look up, and am blinded by a bright,
white
light. It's God. No, not Richard Stallman, or Linus Torvalds, but God.
In
a booming voice, He says: "THIS IS A SIGN. USE LINUX, THE FREE UNIX
SYSTEM
FOR THE 386."
(Matt Welsh)