Strange lpd problem

arson smith arsonsmith@hotmail.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:45:19 GMT

I seem to be having a strange thing happen with
lpd.  I can't see any logs giving any error of
a problem but suddenly it will stop sending queued
jobs to the printers.  if i shut down lpd from
the init script the lpd process is still running.
then if i killall lpd and then start it again from
the init script all jobs will get sent to the printer
for about 30secs to 5 mins then it will stop sending
again.

anyone know what could be causeing this. this is debian
frozen potato and it has been working fine up untill
today.  I haven't really made any new changes either.

Bill Warner