sendmail behind ipmasq box

arson smith arsonsmith@hotmail.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:23:49 GMT

> > I did find this in some documentation but not sure what to do
> > with it:
> >

> > promiscuous_relay
> >                 By default, the sendmail configuration files do not
>permit
> >                 mail relaying (that is, accepting mail from outside your
> >                 domain and sending it to another host outside your
>domain).
> >                 This option sets your site to allow mail relaying from
>any
> >                 site to any site.  In general, it is better to control
>the
> >                 relaying more carefully with the access db and the 'R'
> >                 class ($=R).  Domains can be added to class 'R' by the
> >                 macros RELAY_DOMAIN or RELAY_DOMAIN_FILE (analogously to
> >                 MASQUERADE_DOMAIN and MASQUERADE_DOMAIN_FILE, see
>below).
> >
> > I think this is what I want to do but I am not sure how to turn it
> > on.  I will keep reading.
>
>That's a feature too; use the same syntax as the other one below.
>But be sure it absolutely can't be accessed from the Internet or you'll
>be asking to become a spam relay.

That is something I was wondering. is there a way to setup
ipmasq so that requests on port 25 of my ipmasq box would
be forwarded to the mail server.  this isn't something I
would keep the promiscuous_relay option on but would be a
project to make this a real mail server.?.

Bill Warner

     internet ip               192.168.1.* lan
Internet ------ |       |------| Mail server |
                ---------   ---|Rest of lan |