GIMP image question

Lucas Vogel lucas7@home.com
Sat, 04 Mar 2000 14:36:44 +0700

I don't know if this question is appropriate for this list or not, if it
isn't please let me know.

I am trying to make some web graphics using the Gimp. I am using
script-fu to make a large header under the Gimp.Org selection. I go
through the steps with the scripts and create my image. I save my image
as a .jpg file and load it into my web page. but when I load it, the
background, which is supposed to be white, is slightly off-color from
the white shown in Netscape. Is there a way to get a 'pure' white
background? I really don't know very much about the Gimp, or graphics in
general, so I figured it was something I was or wasn't doing to make it
clean.

Thanks

--
Lucas Vogel