Problems with Samba

sinck@corp.quepasa.com sinck@corp.quepasa.com
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 12:28:02 -0700 (MST)

\_ Alright my manager is breathing down my neck on this one.
\_ I am at a complete loss.  If anyone wants to take a job
\_ on this and is a samba expert I am going to need to get
\_ this resolved.
\_ >
\_ >I am having trouble with samba, Everything seems to be
\_ >ok smbclinet shows that all system serverces are up and running
\_ >but none of the windows98 hosts can see the server.  It
\_ >seems to have just started giveing me trouble and I can't
\_ >seem to trace any reason for it to start.
\_ >
\_ >If i do:
\_ >
\_ >	smbclient -L host.name
\_ >
\_ >I get prompted for a password and all serverces show up that
\_ >are accessable from the guest account.  I don's see anything
\_ >strange in any of the logs and everything looks allright.
\_ >
\_ >If anyone has any clues let me know

The only thing I can think of which occassionally behaves like this is
if the various boxes are on differing subnets....  Throws all sorts of
weird ("bad") browse behaviour.  If you're on the same subnet, then
disregard.  This can be an issue on USWorst DHCP DSL lines, for
instance.

YMMV.

David