pcanywhere

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:39:38 -0700 (MST)

\_ I am trying to push VNC but everyone here complains that it is a lot slower
\_ than PCanywhere from their modem's at home.  The babies gotta have a
\_ bazillion colors and all they do is look at code.  Doesn't make sense but,
\_ alas, I am a lowly admin.  What do I know :-p
----------------^^^^^^^^^^^^

Obviously, you need to migrate from PFY to BOFH.

Configure your network so that PCA packets get dropped 1/2 time...then
VNC will be faster.

Remote ping of death anytime you notice PCA running for more than five
minutes.

Make sure you update to the latest M$ provided security upgrade "to
ensure compatibility with PCA".  Rebooting shouldn't be too frequent.
Stability won't be an issue either since M$ only ships production
environment software.

Increase resolution to 2400x1800.

If you think like a BOFH, the rest will come naturally.

David